Day 13 May 14

This morning the Dr. said that Erc's vital signs are strong and his conditions are holding well. His white blood cell count is down, and his inflammation is holding. At this stage he has stabilized and is holding well. Eric's covid symptoms in his body are gone - no pain, fatigue, etc. His lungs are the damaged part now, so the next few days' focus is on making improvements to the health of his lungs. This will not be a quick fix at all; it's going to require steady and slow improvements every day. He has already made some great improvements and he just needs to hold onto those gains and continue to get better every day. Because of his gains and stabilization, they have taken his oxygen flow levels down to 85% from 100% (Last night I indicated that they took it down to 65%...so I stand corrected), and are keeping your oxygen liter flow at 45. Now the key for him is to maintain blood oxygen levels at 90% or above so that they can continue to reduce his oxygen liter and flow levels over time; as we make more progress on these steps, then we should be on a good path to regain full lung health and return home at some point soon.

Comments

  1. Such good news after days of bad news and worry. YAY Erics lungs...do your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am just reading all these now. I am so sorry, but thankful that things look to be going better. Thinking about you all and sending good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. When he fully recovers, he will have to post a video of him singing with that beautiful voice! Love, Susan & Brik

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad that he is improving! We’ll keep praying. Doug and Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 17 May 18 (evening)

Day 10- Tuesday, May 11th