I'm sorry it's been so long since I last updated this. Since last time, we have packed up our home in Philly and have been on the road. We left on an 11 day cross-country move in two cars. Eric drives his Jeep and Emily and I are in the GMC.
I am writing this from our hotel room in Chillicothe, Missouri.
Eric has improved so much! He is not back to normal yet, but his swelling has completely gone away. His voice is back to normal. He is still thin, but is eating and trying to gain some back. He walks as much as he can. He is doing a lot of sitting as we drive, but we get out and walk around the sites along the way.
His lungs and sinus's had the most damage and have not fully healed. He continues to work on strengthening them through breathing exercises. And he continues his work on walking faster and longer each time, though this road trip limits that. His legs are getting stronger. Before we moved, he was walking 3 mph for 90 minutes a day.
He enjoyed walking up Hill Cumorah even though he got winded by the end. He loves getting out and enjoying the outdoors and challenging himself to get stronger every day.
Our road trip has taken us through Connecticut, New Jersey, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, back through Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Missouri. From here we will go through Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming and Idaho.
Comments
Post a Comment